Saturday, April 24, 2010

Trip's About Over...The Heartland Beckons...

Am enjoying my last weekend on Maui...for this year anyway.

Today (Saturday) I was up at first light and out the door, heading to advertised rummage sales, various garage sales and the Maui Swap Meet. Later I returned to the house and packed up my bounty--mostly aloha shirts. I must have at least 30 to take/ship home.

I have already shipped a large box of books as well as two other large flat rate boxes back to Rockford, full of inventory. And there are still 2 more to go.

What bar stuff that didn't sell, I put in a consignment shop in Kihei. Now, I have to pack all my personal items in plastic bins for I may not return here for years to come. With all the traveling that I've done, it seems that I'm always saying goodby to someone...

The above picture is taken in front of a cut out wooden Shark which was the logo for our band (The Sharks) that played from 1981-2003. We'd take that cut-out shark with us to every gig.

It now proudly resides on the outdoor wall of former Sharks' bassist, Jeff Reiss here on Maui.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home