Tuesday, November 15, 2005

ROLLING STONES IN SAN DIEGO



On Nov. 10th, I said farwell to my cousins and hopped a plane to San Diego to see my good friend Jim Schuck who lives in Cardiff--a nothern coast town near San Diego.

The main reason for the trip was to catch the Rolling Stones on Nov 11th where they christened Petco Park with rock & roll.

Jim was the perfect person to attend a concert with, as he has attended more live shows than anyone I know of and has the system DOWN.

We caught the "Coaster"--a local train that services the coastal towns north of San Diego-- from near Jim's place to the Santa Fe station; then a trolley to the Gas Lamp district of SD where we dined on Thai food prior to the concert. Jim got a kick of me speaking Thai to the waitress.

After dinner, it was a short hop to the Omni Hotel where we had 3 Margaritas to warm us up for the upcoming show.

And what a show it was! The Stones were in the best form! I hadn't seen them since 1969 so I didn't know what to expect. Doubt I'll ever forget this show as memories of the concert are really etched into my mind. You can read about it for yourself: http://www.iorr.org/tour05/sd.htm

One thing I'll have to say about San Diego is that the babes here are just about the most stunning I've ever seen in the US. Possibly I have spent too long in the Midwest and gotten used to the unattractive, loud-mouthed, portly excuses for the female gender there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home